Combine in a bowl and let “meditate” in the fridge for a while.
Here are the players in this photo (type of ingredients, such as tomatoes, peppers, and onions change depending on what Michael brings in and what I feel the dish should look like). I have also added where Michael bought the seeds and extra info we can give you.
I used three different types of tomatoes in this salsa; a green, pink and orange.
- Granny Smith-this heirloom-type tomato is actually a hybrid from Totally Tomatoes. It is green like a Granny Smith apple and is crunchy like an apple. It lent a good surprise texture to the dish.
- Persimmon-this is a beautiful orange hued, large heirloom tomato from Territorial Seed Company. Lovely flavor.
- Pink Beauty-this is a rosie-hued tomato. It is a hybrid but with many heirloom characteristics from Johnny’s Selected Seeds: soft skin, real tomato flavor.
- Red Zeppelin Onion-a beautiful deep purple onion from Johnny’s Selected Seeds.
- Green Onions (bunching onions)-Nabechan from Johnny’s Selected Seeds. This variety is the nicest bunching, early Spring onion we’ve grown. Very good taste.
- Jalapeño pepper–El Jefe from Johnny’s Selected Seeds-I noticed that the pic on Johnnys shows a green pepper. They do turn red if you wait longer and makes for a brighter dish.
Who knows what the ingredients will be next week! Happy gardening and good eating!